A Creative Challenge For The New Year


A bit of verdigris, 12 x 12 inches, $60


In my creative process I can easily get lost in the vast realm of possibility.  It turns into a paralyzing inertia, and I cease to create.  In an effort to override this I give myself creative challenges.  I creating every day or once a week.  I use words for inspiration.  I work in a particular size.  You get the idea.

I have decided that for 2024, I am going to see how much I can create with the supplies I already have.  I imagine I will need more acrylic paint,  and I hope to need more findings for earrings.  Other than those 2 items I'm going to see how much I can create with the materials I already have.I hope to document how much art I can create without buying any other materials!

I hope you will follow along on this little challenge.  Will I give up in the first few weeks?  How will this impact my creativity and art making?

How to you overcome inertia?  What sort of challenges do you give yourself?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Preview of Square and Sublime Art

Welcome 2024: Renewed Yoga Offerings